HOW CAN A BANKRUPTCY HELP ME GET MY DRIVER’S LICENSE BACK?
To see what you need to do to get your revoked license back you can call these numbers:
Toll free 1-866-903-7357
You can also go to this site:
A bankruptcy can help your get your driver’s license back if you have traffic tickets or have been in an accident.
If you had your license revoked on a claim for damages resulting from an accident (T.C.A. 55-12-
108) you might want to file a Chapter 13 bankruptcy or if a large amount of damages is being
claimed a Chapter 7 bankruptcy (if qualified). Once the bankruptcy is filed, you can take the
bankruptcy petition and proof of SR-22 insurance to the TN Dept. of Safety and pay any
reinstatement fee and/or licensing fee to have your license reinstated.
If you have your license revoked because you have one or more unpaid traffic tickets you may want
to file a Chapter 13 bankruptcy and pay the tickets off under the Chapter 13 bankruptcy plan.
Please bring a complete list of all your tickets and the amounts owed to our office. Once the
bankruptcy is filed, you can take the bankruptcy petition, with a listing of your tickets, to the
court(s) which issued the tickets to obtain a release from the court. The release can then be taken
to the TN Dept. of Safety and you can pay any reinstatement fees and/or licensing fees to have
your license reinstated.
Reinstatement fees vary and are calculated based upon the reason for revocation. You can go to
this site to determine and/or pay your reinstatement fees: https://apps.tn.gov/tndlr/reinstateinstr.html
Licensing fees usually range from $12.50-$25.50. However, they may also vary depending upon
your particular circumstances.
Here are some links that may help you:
- Search by County
- Search by City
- Search by Service
- View County Clerk Locations
- View State Map
- Map a Driver Services Center using TN.gov Maps
Here are some helpful links.
- Check Your Driver License Status Online
- Pay Your Driver License Reinstatement Fees Online
- Change Your Address Online
- Reinstatement Office Locations
- Financial Responsibility Forms
- Driver Improvement
- Interactive Moving Violation Records
- Payment Installments
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Financial Responsibility Laws
- Driver License Point System
- Restricted License Information
- CDL Conviction Reporting Overview for the Courts